Salary Options offers a convenient way for employees to access their salary packaging benefits using the new Salary Options Card.
The Salary Options Card is for general day to day living expenses that fall under the capped limit, such as:
The Salary Options Card is also used for purchases that fall under the Meal Entertainment benefit.
The balance on the card must be spent by the 31st of March each year or your living expenses (capped limit) benefit for the new FBT year will be reduced by the value of the amount left in the card account.
No receipts are required because the transactions on the card are the evidence of your expenses. Salary Options does not require the receipts of any purchases made, however do recommend that you keep them for your personal auditing purposes.
1. Apply for your salary packaging arrangement by completing an application form.
2. Choose the amount you wish to salary packaging towards either living expenses or meal entertainment.
3. Complete a Salary Options Card Application.
4. Return both completed forms to Salary Options for processing.
5. Your salary packaging arrangement will be set up and your Salary Options Card will be ordered and posted to you within 15 business days. Simply activate your card to start using it.
1. Complete an amendment form requesting to apply for the Salary Options Card and the amount you would like to salary package towards either living expenses or meal entertainment
2. Log into your Salary Options online portal.
3. Click on the Salary Options Card tab, then follow the instructions:
- Confirm your personal information
- Select the benefits you would like on the card: living expenses, meal entertainment, or both.
- Then agree to the terms and conditions.
4. Your Salary Options Card will be ordered and posted to you within 15 business days. Simply activate your card to start using it.
Purpose of Card
One card with the choice of accessing one, or both of the following benefits:
If both meal entertainment and living expenses benefits are chosen, the funds are credited to the Salary Options Card and then separated into the benefits accounts.
When a meal entertainment purchase is made, the funds will be drawn from the meal entertainment account. If there are insufficient funds available, the balance will automatically be drawn from the living expenses account.
Reloadable prepaid Visa card.
The card can be ordered online via your online portal.
Card will be valid for two years and a new card will need to be ordered prior to the expiry date.
Primary cardholder can request an additional card which will link to the same account balances.
The card can be activated online via your online portal.
Salary Options deposits funds onto the card in line with your payroll cycle. Please allow up to two business days for funds to clear.
The maximum amounts that can be deposited to the card are subject to your annual salary packaging capped limits.
The following fees apply:
All fees and charges are expressed in Australian dollars and are inclusive of any applicable GST. Further information relating to fees is contained in the Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement.
The following restrictions apply:
You can view your account via the Salary Options online portal or PayWith smartphone app (coming soon).
You can view your balance via the Salary Options online portal or PayWith smartphone app (coming soon).
All reversal of deposits made onto the card and are processed by Salary Options upon request in writing/email.
PayWith Smartphone App (coming soon)
Set your card to lost/stolen via:
Cancel your Salary Options Card by loggin into the Salary Options online portal or contacting Salary Options.
This material is general information only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making any decision relating to this product, we recommend you consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) available at https://www.salaryoptions.com.au/salaryoptionscard/pds. The Salary Options Card is a reloadable Visa prepaid debit card issued by Heritage Bank Limited ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL 240984 ACL 240984. Salary Options Pty Ltd ACN 117 355 405 is involved in the promotion and distribution of the Card and is a Corporate Authorised Representatives of EML Payment Solutions Ltd ABN 30 131 436 532.
If you need help or need more information about salary packaging or novated leasing, please call 1300 660 416 or click here to request a call back from one of our experienced consultants.